Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Information for Parents

Hi everybody. My name is Matt Shifley and this is my second year as the Art Teacher at Wilson Elementary School. It is a privilege to make art with the students of Wilson every day. Feel free to look through the images of this blog to see what the students have been working on. Parents and guardians might be interested in a few of the items below.

Paint Shirts
Art can be messy. I have smocks, aprons, and paint shirts for the students to wear while they are in art class. These shirts are shared by everyone and are washed about twice a month. Students with severe allergies or other concerns may bring in their own designated paint shirt. If you bring in your own paint shirt, place it in a plastic bag with the student’s name on it. I will store it in the cubby area of the art hallway and I will make sure that only that student uses it. 

Donated Items
I am happy to take any donated materials as longs as they have not come in contact with food items. Examples of great donated materials include: colorful paper, art images from calendars, books with good reference images for drawing, paper towel tubes, and any art material. 

Art Show on January 28
It seems like a long way off but students will soon be working hard on projects for the art show. This year the Art Show theme will be the Renaissance and Medieval Times.

I am looking forward to a great year! Follow me on Twitter@ShifleyMatt. Feel free to email questions and comments to mattshifley@foresthills.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment